Get the VIP treatment whilst experiencing Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, one of the UNESCO listed natural wonders of the world, in style!
Our all-inclusive day trip aboard Reef Experience gives you the chance to snorkel, scuba dive, relax, eat, drink, and see the reef from a glass bottom boat all for one price.
Our Top Deck reef day cruise on Reef Experience gives you all of this, plus a personal valet in and out of the water for the day, reserved VIP seating, and exclusive access to the Captain’s Wheelhouse Top Deck lounge.
Skip the queues when boarding Reef Experience at 7:30 and be ready for an 8:00 departure from the Cairns Marina.
Your valet will take you up to the Captain’s Wheelhouse where you will enjoy an a la carte breakfast prepared fresh on board by our chef (don’t worry, vegetarians – all dietary preferences and food allergies are catered to).
Then, it’s a 90-minute trip out to the reef on our beautiful fast catamaran.
On the way, we get you ready to jump straight in the water with a safety talk and snorkel briefing.
As Reef Experience sails closer to the first reef site, our knowledgeable marine biologist begins to introduce you to the mesmerising species we hope to encounter underwater.
And if you’re doing a scuba dive? Whether its your first or your four hundredth, your personal valet will make sure you know the ropes with a detailed scuba dive briefing.
Around 9:30, we arrive at our first spectacular reef site, where your valet jumps in the water with you and becomes your personal guide to the vivid tropical marine life.
Our passengers usually see schools of tropical fish, giant clams, brilliant coral and more, and your guide will point these out to you whether you’re snorkelling or scuba diving.
Before lunch, we set out on a glass bottom boat tour, letting you glide across the tops of the beautiful coral formations and families of sea turtles without getting your feet wet.
Then it’s time to head back into the Captain’s Wheelhouse where you will be served an a la carte lunch with an assortment of fresh salads. Relax on the sun deck or in the air-conditioned saloon as we cruise to the second reef location.
Once there, your valet gets you back in the water for more time to snorkel and dive to your hearts content!
Finally, 15:00 means it’s home time, as we start our trip back to Cairns. Enjoy a glass of delicious Australian wine, tropical fruits, cheese and biscuits in the Captain’s Wheelhouse. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the rest of the journey before arriving back in Cairns at around 16:30 and ending your Top Deck reef day cruise.
- Personal assigned crew member (Top Deck reef day cruise Exclusive)
- Access to the Captain’s Wheelhouse Lounge (Top Deck Exclusive)
- Personal snorkel and/or diving guided tours (Top Deck Exclusive)
- A la carte breakfast, lunch, and afternoon tea (Top Deck Exclusive)
- Australian sparkling wine on return journey (Top Deck Exclusive)
- Unlimited snorkelling and all snorkelling equipment, including stinger suits
- Scuba Dive* (Certified Dive qualified OR Resort Dive no-experience necessary at the first reef location for everyone over age 12 and medically fit to scuba) Medical Conditions apply – please see below for more information
- Free glass bottom boat tour (weather permitting)
- Pick up and return to Cairns city accommodation
- Breakfast of BBQ bacon and egg rolls, coffee, tea and fruit platters
- Buffet lunch with an assortment of fresh salads
- Cheese and fruit platter with complimentary wine on return journey
- Flotation aids for anyone who finds them necessary
- Up to 6 hours at two pristine Outer Barrier Reef locations
- Reef tax, fuel levy & national park fees.
- Second scuba dive
- Underwater digital camera hire
- Snack bar purchases such as soft drinks, snacks and alcohol
- Guided snorkel tours and dives
- Prescription masks
- Souvenirs such as t-shirts, hats, etc.
What to Bring
- Cash and/or credit card for purchases
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Hat, Sunglasses, Sun Cream
- Proof of qualification if you’re a Certified Diver[/toggle]
How to Get There
Reef Experience departs from Cairns Marina: ‘A-Finger’
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for check-in, directly on the vessel ‘Reef Experience’
Arrive back to Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30 pm
Where Can I Park?
There are a number of parking stations throughout Cairns that are in walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where
Important Information for Scuba Diving
We have a passion to show you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules including medical as is the law.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire prior to booking as some medical conditions, age and / or medications may prevent you from scuba diving. It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are very happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please Contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected]
Or alternatively, you may like to consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1’
Flying after Scuba DivingFor a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum 24 hours whenever possible