Frankland Island Tour
This Frankland Island Tour takes you to an unspoiled, pristine archipelago located about 10km offshore and 45km southeast of Cairns.
Frankland Islands are surrounded by a fringing reef and home to various marine life. This group of islands are within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
Next, explore the underwater world on a guided snorkel tour or scuba dive.
You don’t want to get wet?
Then we have a glass-bottom boat and semi-submersible that allows you to view the marine life and coral without getting wet!
There is so much to experience on the pristine white sandy beach. Next, join a guided island walk with our marine naturalists.
Then explore the island’s rock pools, and see the birdlife and the lush tropical vegetation.
There are no crowds and no rush. There is only one Frankland Island Tour, so book today and explore this island group today.
Explore more of Cairns islands
- Sandy Beach
- Sparking Blue waters
- Kids treasure hunt
- 6:55 am – Pickup from Cairns City Hotel
- 8:15 am – Check-in at Deeral
- 8:30 am – Depart to Normanby Island (part of the Frankland Islands Group)
- The Schedule can be different each day, so the crew will let you know onboard what the days plan is. Activities include Snorkelling, Island Walks, Kayaking, Paddleboarding, Guided Snorkelling Tours and Island Walks, as well as Semi-Submersible Tours.
- 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm – Return to Deeral
- 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm – Return to Cairns
Included in your day at Frankland Islands
- Spectacular 30-minute river cruise
- Up to 4 hours on the Great Barrier Reef
- Guided snorkel tour PLUS adventure snorkel safari
- Semi-sub tours around the island
- Island walk with marine biologist
- Buffet lunch, Morning and afternoon tea
- All snorkelling equipment
- Protection suits (seasonal)
- Flotation devices
- Kayaking and stand-up paddleboarding
- Coach transfers from Cairns
You can join Scuba diving on your trip, with this in mind, please note it is subject to availability and minimum numbers apply.
What to bring
- Hat, Sunglasses
- Shoes that can get wet and sandy.
- Refillable water bottle
- Cash or Credit card (Visa or Mastercard) for onboard purchases or optional activities.
How to get there
This tour includes pickup and dropoff to your Cairns City Hotels.
Frankland Islands important information for scuba divers
Please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record.
We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations, including medical – as is the law.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel, we recommend you complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking. As some medical conditions, age and/or medications may prevent you from scuba diving. It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We certainly recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible