Silverswift Cairns Great Barrier Reef Tour
Silverswift Cairns is a premium Great Barrier Reef tour that visits 3 outer Great Barrier Reef sites one day. This tour visits Milln, Thetford, Pellowe and Flynn Reefs, which all feature an abundance of spectacular marine life. Prices start at $234 for adults and $174 for children.
Departing daily from the Marlin Marina at 8:30 am.
Australia’s Great Barrier Reef is one of nature’s most beautiful and unique places on the planet. You will get to experience the best of it on the Cairns Great Barrier Reef Tour.
With more reef locations and fewer passengers, dive and snorkel this Natural Wonder of the World.
Silverswift Cairns is part of the Quicksilver Group.
Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef
We have access to stunning remote reef locations. You will visit three uniquely different sites chosen by the Skipper on the morning of departure.
With a guided snorkel tour included in your day, you’ll get to explore the magic of the reef in complete safety if you’ve never snorkelled before – that is no problem – our friendly crew will help you with the equipment.
If you want to get a little more out of your Silverswift Cairns Great Barrier Reef Tour, make sure you join the guided snorkel tour.
This guided tour will lead you over the shallow coral gardens to learn more about the local marine life.
Your marine interpreter will be pointing out fish and marine life, corals and areas of interest along the way.
Scuba Dive the Great Barrier Reef
We cater to both certified and introductory divers. As a certified diver, you can experience up to three dive sites. Our instructors accompany all dives at no extra charge. They have vast local knowledge of all the locations and know all the best drift and dive walls, bommies and pinnacles, coral gardens and swim-throughs. Certified dives can last up to 40 minutes or more.
As an introductory diver, our instructors will be by your side throughout the whole experience. On your way out to the reef, you will fill out a medical questionnaire, and the crew will assess your medical fitness to dive.
Silverswift Cairns will teach you the necessary skills, and once you’re comfortable, you can take the plunge!
All equipment, including wetsuits and prescription masks (if needed), are included in this introductory dive price.
Introductory divers can complete up to two dives, each lasting approximately 30 minutes. You can reach a maximum depth of 12 metres.
Click here to see our other Great Barrier Reef tours.
- Outer Barrier Reef
- 5 hours at the reef
- 3 Reef locations
Get Ready to Take the Plunge!
- 7:30 am – Check-in at the counter inside the Reef Fleet Terminal for your boarding passes.
- 8:15 am – Vessel boarding. Complimentary morning tea/breakfast is served.
- 8:30 am – Depart Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal for the Outer Reef. On the journey, certified and introductory dive briefings begin.
- 9:50 am – Arrive at first reef location. Divers will gear up, while the snorkelers’ site briefing begins.
- 11:15 am – We depart for the second reef location. Option for introductory and certified divers to do a second dive. Snorkelers site briefing.
- 12:30 pm – Tropical hot and cold buffet lunch served in the air-conditioned cabin.
- 1:40 pm – We depart for the third location. Snorkelers are once again briefed as to the areas best to snorkel. Guided snorkel tour. Option for certified divers to do a third dive or second introductory dive.
- 2:15 pm – Afternoon tea served.
- 3:00 pm – All passengers board vessel for final passenger count.
- 3:15 pm – We commence the journey back to cairns.
- 4:30 pm – We arrive at Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal.
- Return cruise from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal.
- Delicious morning tea, including focaccias and muffin cakes. Afternoon tea cakes, cheese and biscuits.
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch. (Please advise us of any dietary requirements).
- Reef Interpretation.
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel and fins).
- Guided Snorkel Tour.
- Snorkel brief at each site.
- Qualified lifeguard supervision.
- Equipment for divers provided, including wetsuit.
- Hot freshwater showers.
- Prescription masks are available at no extra cost.
- Lycra suits.
What to bring
- Your camera.
- Swimming costume, beach towel and also sunglasses.
- A hat, sunscreen and a shirt
- Your diving certification card
- Cash for drinks at the bar, credit card for additional dives.
- Please note, there is a small reef levy (Government Environmental Management Charge) to pay upon check-in.
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations.
We strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking as some medical conditions, age and/or medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.