Ocean Spirit Cairns: Great Barrier Reef Adventures | Top Eco Tours in Australia
Ocean Spirit Cairns is a fantastic choice for exploring Australia’s stunning beauty of the Great Barrier Reef. Located in Cairns, this renowned tour operator offers a range of exciting experiences that allow visitors to immerse themselves in the wonders of this natural wonder.
One of the highlights of Ocean Spirit Cairns is its eco-friendly catamaran cruises. These cruises provide a comfortable and environmentally conscious way to reach the Reef. With spacious decks and modern amenities, you can relax and enjoy the journey to your destination.
This Ocean Spirit Michaelmas Cay tour starts with a 7:30 check-in at the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal. After a relaxing day exploring t the Great Barrier Reef, this tour returns to Cairns at 5 p.m. After we depart, we will cruise forty kilometres northeast of Cairns to this island sanctuary.
Once you arrive at the Great Barrier Reef, you’ll have the opportunity to snorkel and dive among the vibrant coral formations and diverse marine life. It’s a truly unforgettable experience that showcases Australia’s incredible underwater world.
Ocean Spirit Cairns is dedicated to sustainability and conservation. They take pride in protecting the reef and educating visitors about its importance. By choosing them as a partner, you’re aligning your travel site with an operator committed to preserving the natural beauty of Australia.
In summary, Ocean Spirit Cairns is a valuable addition to your travel site, allowing visitors to explore the Great Barrier Reef responsibly and respectfully. Their commitment to eco-friendly practices and conservation aligns perfectly with your goal of showcasing Australia’s natural beauty to the world. This partnership will undoubtedly enhance your travel site’s appeal to eco-conscious travellers seeking unforgettable experiences in Australia.
This tour arrives back at the Cairns Marina at 17:00.
About Michaelmas Cay
Michaelmas Cay is a pristine coral sand island in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, Australia. It’s a breathtaking natural wonder that offers a range of unique experiences for visitors seeking to explore the Reef’s beauty.
Ocean Spirit FAQs
Q. How do I book a tour with Ocean Spirit Cairns?
Q. What is the best time to visit the Great Barrier Reef with Ocean Spirit?
Q. Do I need previous snorkelling or diving experience to join an Ocean Spirit tour?
Q. Are there age restrictions for Ocean Spirit tours?
Q. What should I bring on an Ocean Spirit tour?
Q. Is food provided on Ocean Spirit tours?
Q. How does Ocean Spirit contribute to reef conservation?
Q. What happens in case of bad weather or tour cancellations?
Ocean Spirit Travel Tips
These tips will enhance the overall experience and ensure a memorable visit to the Great Barrier Reef:
- Booking in Advance: It’s advisable to book your Ocean Spirit Cruise in advance, especially during peak tourist seasons. This ensures you secure your spot and have a choice of tour dates and times.
- Arrive Early: On the day of your cruise, arrive at the departure point a bit early. This gives you time to complete any necessary paperwork and ensures a stress-free start to your adventure.
- Sun Protection: The Australian sun can be quite intense. Don’t forget to pack sunscreen with high SPF, sunglasses, a wide-brimmed hat, and protective clothing to shield yourself from sunburn.
- Motion Sickness: If you’re prone to motion sickness, consider taking motion sickness medication before the cruise. The waters can sometimes be choppy, and prevention is key to a comfortable trip.
- Swimwear and Towel: Bring your swimwear and a towel for snorkelling or diving activities. Ocean Spirit provides snorkelling gear, but having your swimsuit ensures a comfortable fit.
- Underwater Camera: Capture the incredible underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef. Bring your smartphone’s underwater camera or waterproof case to document your snorkelling or diving adventures.
- Stay Hydrated: Cairns’ tropical climate can be hot and humid. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
- Respect the Reef: The Great Barrier Reef is a delicate ecosystem. Be mindful not to touch or damage the coral, and follow the guidance of the crew to minimize your impact on this natural wonder.
- Listen to Marine Biologists: Ocean Spirit often hosts marine biologist presentations during the cruise. Take advantage of these educational opportunities to learn more about the reef’s fascinating marine life and conservation efforts.
- Travel Insurance: To ensure peace of mind, consider purchasing travel insurance that covers unforeseen circumstances, such as tour cancellations or medical emergencies.
Next, explore our fantastic Great Barrier Reef tours.
Your Ocean Spirit Adventure Begins
07:30 – Check-in at Ocean Spirit’s counter in the Reef Fleet Terminal
08:00 – Boarding commences. Morning tea with muffins and focaccia.
After that, it’s time to get underway!
08:30 – Depart Cairns
09:00 – Reef Brief, safety, and snorkel demonstration
09:30 – Marine Biologist slide show presentation
10:00 – Dive brief for introductory divers
10:30 – Arrive at Michaelmas Cay. Reef activities commence:
- Fish feeding presentation
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour
- Introductory scuba diving. (Dive sessions are 11:00 am, 12:15 pm, and 1:30 pm)
Noon – Buffet lunch onboard
13:00 – Continue Reef activities
14:30 – Afternoon Tea onboard
15:30 – Commence sailing back to Cairns. Enjoy complimentary sparkling wine along with cheese and crackers.
17:00 – Arrive back in Cairns
Your cruise includes:
– Return Ocean Spirit cruise from Cairns
– Experience 4 hours at Michaelmas Cay on the Reef.
– Morning tea with muffins and focaccia
– Afternoon tea with tropical fruit platter and cake of the day.
– Hot and cold buffet lunch, including fresh prawns.
– Snorkelling equipment, lycra suits.
– Buoyancy vests.
– Marine Biologist presentation.
– Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with commentary.
– Fish feeding presentation on arrival.
– Glass of complimentary sparkling wine served on the homeward journey, with cheese and crackers.
What to Bring:
– Hat and shirt for sun protection. We recommend marine-friendly sunscreen.
– Swimwear and towel.
– Professional photo service on board (additional cost).
– Cash or credit card for option activities or onboard purchases.
Coach transfers provided by Quicksilver Connections and Down Under Tours
What to bring
- Your camera and also Go Pro
- Swimming costume, towel in addition to a hat and sunscreen
- Cash or credit card for onboard purchases, souvenirs or optional activities
How to get there
Ocean Spirit Cruises departs daily from the Cairns Marina.
Visitors are required to first check in inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal
Check-in time is 8 am for an 8:30 am departure returning to the Cairns Marina at 5 pm.
Safety Comes First onboard Ocean Spirit!
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world. It also has the safest scuba diving record. The Queensland Government Code of Practice regulates us, and we comply with all regulations.
We recommend that our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking as some medical conditions, age and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office at 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected]
Or you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.